Author Topic: Transaction history, Tickt/paypal ; totals, date range seletion  (Read 12101 times)

Offline DenbyWireless

I need to be able to select a range of transactions and get some totals.
It would be good if a checkbox allowed a combined paypal and ticket transaction view.

Thanks

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
Re: Transaction history, Tickt/paypal ; totals, date range seletion
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 01:38:46 pm »
Do you mean you would like to get the list of started tickets and paypal sessions sorted by start date?

Offline DenbyWireless

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 09:28:30 pm »
Do you mean you would like to get the list of started tickets and paypal sessions sorted by start date?

Need a Usage Summary that includes payments from all sources (tickets and Paypal).

So yes, Used Tickets (started), and Paypal.  But need selection by Date range.
This will allow me to report to my hotspot sites that sell tickets and get a % of the revenue from credit cards.

I let my sites keep 20% of tickets, and pay them 20% (after bank fees) of any CC receipts.
So I'd like to pick Hotspot site
Date range
select Either Ticket, paypal or both payment types (checkbox's are fine).

Thanks

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 09:04:53 pm »
For credit card payment sharing with hotspot site owners, it is almost already implemented. You will select the percentage you want, and worldspot will automatically share the revenue between you and the hostpot site paypal account.
Would this be ok for you?

Offline DenbyWireless

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 07:00:08 am »
For credit card payment sharing with hotspot site owners, it is almost already implemented. You will select the percentage you want, and worldspot will automatically share the revenue between you and the hostpot site paypal account.
Would this be ok for you?

Lot of the places here don't have paypal so I still prefer a report as described.

I'm happy to write the SQL if you'll share a copy of the schema.
Thanks

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 07:41:22 am »
Today there is a problem with the schema.
The information is in 3 different tables.
Sorting the tickets with the start date was already a "quite complex" sql request.
The paypal transactions are in a completely different table.
I will update the schema so it will be much simpler to do that...
The problem is that I can't give you a date, as I'm quite busy these days.

Offline DenbyWireless

How I report to my Host sites
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 09:24:38 pm »
So I'm getting creative with a spreadsheet and editor but there is still to much manual work for my liking.
With just a little change in formatting it would make things so much easier. Here is what I do;

Right now I do a Ticket List of Finished and select/paste that to Excel.
(looks like this)
Login :   Password :   State:   Profile:   Connected   StartDate   History
BB-1H-0106   xxxx   Expired   1 hour   no   2007-07-22 15:37:39   history

After that I do a Ticket List of Started and select/paste that to Excel.
(looks like this, and must be massaged to remove embedded LF/CRs)
Login :   Password :   State:   Profile:   Connected   StartDate   History
RS-30m-0104   xxxx   Expires in 30m
Total volume left: 150.00M
   30 Minutes   no      history
(so after an editor macro, it looks like this)
RS-30m-0104   xxxx   Expires in 30m Total volume left: 150.00M   30 Minutes   no      history

This gives me total Ticket sales, then do the same thing for PayPal

Then I go to and add my prices to each of the ticket categories and separate columns for each hotspot
(so it looks like this)
Ticket          pswd    State   Profile         Active  Started         ignore        HS1    HS2    HS3
BB-30m-0127    xxxx    Expired 30 Minutes    no      6/22/2007 14:19 history         $5.65   
RS-1h-0101      xxxx    Expired 1 hour          no      7/9/2007  14:50 history $11.30         
TH-2H-0103      xxxx    Expires 2 hour          no       8/1/2007 10:24 history                  $16.96
then I have to subtract their % of Paypal tickets
So an import from Billing History and Pull out those. Again an Editor Macro needed

All this to report back to my host sites what they owe me (no I don't charge them up front for the tickets)

So In general Each of my hosts get a % of sales for their site, and this % is different for Tickets than for Pay Pal.

So I take Total Ticket sales subtract HostTicket% subtract HostPayPal% and this is what a Host owes me Monthy.

Any help you can provide to make this type of reporting easier would be very helpful.

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 03:07:36 am »
I've been quite busy these last weeks.
I will seriously think about new reporting features and statistics in the next days.

The new reporting will try to gather all informations per hotspot and merge tickets and online billing.

Online billing might be simplified and use standard tickets, so the reporting will be easier.
The hotspot on which each ticket is started will be collected.
and more I think...

Offline DenbyWireless

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 10:58:38 pm »
I've been quite busy these last weeks.
I will seriously think about new reporting features and statistics in the next days.

So its almost Month end and I was wondering if you had made any progress on combined billing reporting.

I do thank you for the better display interface including the Reverse order button. I look forward to your further development.

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 09:51:24 am »
I'm actually creating hotspot mac address name aliases for people that have several hotspot on the same nas-id.

I will also add a column in the credit history telling on what hotspot mac address each billed ticket was started on.

I'm also still working on hotspot uamserver failover and monitoring.

Then I will change online billing system to sell real tickets, so this will be much easier for you to manage. I see no other simple way for your specific case. Sorry for the delay.