Author Topic: PayPal pay site in other languish - than French  (Read 10280 times)

Offline mool4

PayPal pay site in other languish - than French
« on: July 20, 2007, 02:06:51 pm »
PayPal site on French when you want to make a Payment - thats a problem I think - is it possibly to make a selection to English maybe in config of the hotspot. I know that PapPal site also exist in English ;)

regards Michael

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
Re: PayPal pay site in other languish - than French
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 08:53:29 pm »
I already tried to force the language to english, but it seems that it doesn't work.
This is strange because, It is sometime in english.

Which paypal page are you talking about? the hotspot page or the credit buying page?

Offline mool4

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 05:15:35 pm »
Sory for a late answer - you know holeydays
I am talking about the paying site.

Offline wrexy

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 12:05:49 pm »
Sory for a late answer - you know holeydays
I am talking about the paying site.

Hi, I also have users querying me on getting the page for Paypal (once redirected from WorldSpot) in French.  It can be changed to English on the 'Pays' dropdown box at the top, but some users are getting confused.  Any ideas?

Regards,

Rob...

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 07:47:50 pm »
This unfortunately seem to be a paypal bug that I can't correct.
I will ask paypal about this.

Thanks for reporting.

Offline dijnebbh

Re: PayPal pay site in other language - than French
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 09:46:32 am »
I think Paypal is using GeoIP to detect the user's country IP. The public IP of your router running Chilli, is in France?

Google and other websites do the same. Use torproject.org, check when your exit IP is outside of your country, then open Google. If the same language shift happens with Paypal, then there is your answer. Probably then there is no way then to code Chilli to 'force' the PayPal language. Write PayPal and tell them to make the language selection more prominent.

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 09:59:49 am »
I didn't think about this.

Worldspot main server is in france indeed, but why use the server ip instead of the client ip?
Anyway, worldspot has 2 servers, you can setup your hotspot on the US server if you want.

Offline dijnebbh

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 10:32:48 am »
Com'on.... oO

I'm talking about /his/ public IP (his WLAN node), not the public IP of Worldspot.net.

I bet /his AP/ is in France. Paypal sees the request as coming from france, and so presents the Paypal page in French.

Paypal REALLY needs to make the language selection more prominent. I hate these GeoIP pages which assume, because someone is coming from the USA, for instance, they MUST speak english. Then the GeoIP'd page, poorly designed, hides the language selection somewhere on the main page, and one must look ALL over for the selection. It is really retarded and typically corporate. Let's hope Worldspot never sells and becomes a so-called 'public' entity, or owned by one of these so-called 'public companies'. Keep it private, man! Keep it from being retarded.