Author Topic: worldspot firmware for GL inet AR150  (Read 651 times)

Offline marcoind

worldspot firmware for GL inet AR150
« on: December 15, 2018, 02:54:47 am »
Hi
I'm using wordspot hotspot system since few years now. one of my tp link access point have decided to give up and i try to replace it. I have a Gl inet Ar150 powered by Atheros 9331 and loaded with openwrt LEDE.
I have downloaded all your different firmware for GL inet from your website
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-gl-inet-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-gl-inet-6408A-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-gl-inet-6416A-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

but none of them was accepted by my gl inet ar150. The processor and memory and manufacturer seem to be compatible.
Gl inet is providing all the tools to make your own image. How can i make my own worldspot firmware for this router?
This glinet ar150 is openwrt compatible and i have install and run Coovachilli on it. can i manually setup coovachilli to be compatible with worldspot server?

Thanks for your help.

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
Re: worldspot firmware for GL inet AR150
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 02:42:27 pm »
Hi

Worldspot firmware is a customized openwrt firmware.
If you installed openwrt yourself, you should use the same file name that was used with openwrt.

Which version did you upload? Current recommended firmware (for recent routers) is here: http://dl.worldspot.net/wsbeta/18.06-1/

Yes manual coova chilli configuration is possible, simply use the setting given on the website.

Best regards

Offline marcoind

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 04:18:41 am »
Oups!!!
I found it. The correct worldspot firmware was :http://dl.worldspot.net/wsbeta/17.01-2/ar71xx-full/targets/ar71xx/generic/lede-ar71xx-generic-gl-ar150-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
My worldspot AP is back online.
Thanks for your help.

Offline marcoind

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 04:20:45 am »
I was surprise by your new structure directory with package/ and target/ compare to the 14.07 where all the firmware were on the root.

Offline marcoind

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 12:53:55 pm »
Super class  the new firmware. luci access from the lan or the worldspot website is a big improvement for me.
Well done.
Just a small question.
I'm using ticket login, my guest have to buy them from me. I don't use this system to make money out of it but to provide internet access to my guest but i want as well to limit the number of guest who will require internet access. I'm running a small resort in indonesia located on a small island and the internet is available from 3G connection which is unfortunately not unlimited.  I think, asking money for internet access is the best way to limit them of unwanted internet crap like streaming music or watching video.... Any way long story short.
is it possible to have a kind of admin ticket that i ( and only me) can use to check the worldspot login process  on the guest device without having to use the time on their ticket? I notice that on some apple device (iphone, tablet or macbook) the dhcp access is sometime problematic and it will be nice if i can use a worldspot admin ticket to try to debug things.
Thanks
Regards
Marco

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 09:45:52 am »
Hi
Super class  the new firmware. luci access from the lan or the worldspot website is a big improvement for me.
Well done.
This feature was done several years ago. Glad you like it.

it will be nice if i can use a worldspot admin ticket to try to debug things.
Of course you can. Simply create another access class in which you create your single admin ticket.
Don't forget to enable it in your hotspot.