Author Topic: And mine....  (Read 8778 times)

Offline rclark

And mine....
« on: September 17, 2006, 07:08:45 am »
- Welcome page customisable with HTML, so I can include (among other things) an image... eg [img width= height=]http://CustomerImage.jpg[/img]

- Redundant servers. At this stage - i am not sure why worldspot.net exists. Is the intention to become a commercial service with commercial quality uptime ??? I am evaluating if I should use worldspot.net to support a business where I sell hotspot packages to real customers. In such a case - I am happy to pay for the service but it must be a serious service.

- Tickets (when they come) to be customizable so that
  - Each ticket is ready to print
  - It comes with BOTH 'user instructions' and their temporary username/password
  - It comes with my customer's logo

- Two levels of login. Here is the model: I am the ADMIN of the hotspot. I get to set up the various things like profiles. I can do everything. I sell this service to a cafe (eg). The Cafe owner can ALSO login but as a CUSTOMER he can not do everything. He can:
 - create and print new tickets on demand
 - see statistics etc for his hotspot only
 - he can not hotspot passwords etc.

Hope that helps.

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
Re: And mine....
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 06:29:00 pm »
Welcome page is arleady customizable. Soon (after tickets), it will have a wysiwyg html editor (fckeditor) with image uploads.
Today, the workaround for displaying images, is to upload them in the forum, and include them in your welcome page.

Worldspot.net is hosted on a high bandwidth professional grade dedicated server. All data is actualy remotely backed up every night. As soon as commercial services will be proposed, all the database will be real time replicated, and sometime later, worldspot.net will be hosted on a redondant load balanced cluster.

Commercial services will of course remain free until the quality of worldspot.net does not reach a commercial grade.

Tickets will be released in beta in 1 or 2 weeks. It will have all customization features you need (you will design them yourself with the wysiwyg editor)

For the 2 level of login, this will be proposed later. The commercial offer is not yet totaly decided yet.
But I hope it will be better and cheaper than any other existing solution. You can contact me by email or PM for discussing about that.

Offline rclark

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 12:47:10 pm »
I like your answers. I hope I can use your service.

Regarding the (future) redundant radius server - it is important that that this server exist in a different place in the world ... not just a redundant server in the same building.

Reason: Fact of life is that internet lines do go down. If your primary (radius1) server is in (eg.) France, then your 2nd server (radius2) must be in (eg) USA. I am in Australia so if there are any problems between my customers and France then they will need to get to radius2.

Real world customers have zero patience for even a 5 minute outage - especially if they have paid for a 30 min ticket!

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 02:42:08 pm »
The server hosting company has a huge building dedicated to server hosting with a really good equipment and with a lot of redundant peerrings.
Normally, most internet paths have a backup somewhere.

My problem with clustering accross countries is a performance problem. Clusters don't like communication latency...

Offline pelsen

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 08:06:57 pm »
Nice service you guys have here!

My little wish list is to have a option to print out ticket so people type inn a username and password.

eks i print out 100 ticket and when all the tickets is out then i print new one, hope i`m understandable here :)

Ala phpmyprepaid

eks 1h ticket
       3h ticket
       1day ticket
       admin ticket (Unlimited free access)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 08:16:05 pm by pelsen »

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 08:27:31 pm »
this is almost implemented
patience...