Author Topic: Multiple use tickets  (Read 6092 times)

Offline lukelegend

Multiple use tickets
« on: November 07, 2012, 12:53:25 am »
Hi Had this response from worldspot.net about printing more than one multi use ticket at a time and would like further clarification

Worldspot.net Reply

Tickets are limited for 1 simultaneous use for multiple reasons.
First is a technical reason: limits are hard to manage when multiple users are connected simultaneously.
 Secondly, it avoids that people give their codes to their friends.

However, you can create "multiple use" tickets one ticket at a time. Limits are then handled per device.

MY QUESTION?
why do they allow one multiple use ticket if it is to hard to manage, all i need is a function to print more than one ticket at a time. I also don’t have a problem with people giving their tickets to friends because it just means they use up their allocated limit and will be required to purchase more?

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 12:59:20 am by lukelegend »

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
Re: Multiple use tickets
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 03:23:28 pm »
Multiple usage tickets have a very special behaviour. It manages limits for each device separately.
If you give a 1h ticket with multiple usage, it will be one hour per device, no matter the number of devices.

I will think more about a "multi usage" option in the access class.
The problems I see with simultaneous usage are:
If you have a 1giga or 1hour limit ticket.
You use this ticket on 2 devices. If you use everything (1giga) in one session, both devices will get 1 giga.
If both devices consume half a giga and then disconnect, you won't be able to connect anymore, because both devices used 1 giga.