Author Topic: Worldspot... like a webcam?  (Read 11423 times)

Offline zuntghen

Worldspot... like a webcam?
« on: January 06, 2013, 07:15:42 pm »
 I'm trying worldspot.net because I need to do an hotspot for a non profit organisation. After I've flashed my tp-link 741 with the worldspot firmware, using it in first stage of test.
So I've to see what ip the AP take in my lan and for this I use a simply utility for OSX: Ip scanner. I was really surprise when I see that my scanner utility see as wireless camera the acess poin flashed with the worldspot firmware. Do you know why?

I need to know everything about this, because I do not want that someone of my organization creates me problems insinuating that through the hotspot we are spied by someone. ;)

Thanks in advance

Zuntghen

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
Re: Worldspot... like a webcam?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 10:01:02 pm »
Hi

I have no idea how and why your software identifies worldspot firmware as an ip camera.

I also don't understand how it can ever know every ip camera types, as there is no standard for these...

Offline zuntghen

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 10:48:54 pm »
Hi

I have no idea how and why your software identifies worldspot firmware as an ip camera.

I also don't understand how it can ever know every ip camera types, as there is no standard for these...
So if someone asks me about this, I can reply that this is a problem of his Ip scanner and not of Worldspot :D
Thanks again for your answer!

Zuntghen

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 10:50:44 pm »
Maybe you can show the device, and see that there is no camera...?

Offline zuntghen

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 05:12:06 pm »
Maybe you can show the device, and see that there is no camera...?
Yes, It's a simple, but good idea: thanks! ;D

Zuntghen

anything