Author Topic: Router Cannot Connect to Worldspot Servers  (Read 2727 times)

Offline superslimeboy

Router Cannot Connect to Worldspot Servers
« on: July 08, 2015, 08:44:57 pm »
I've been trying to set up some basic captive portal on a router just to see how it can be done and to play with some basic key-based wifi login, so I flashed worldspot firmware on my Linksys e3200. DD-WRT was on it before and it worked well, but chilli spot wasn't shown in my options, so I changed over to worldspot. My router has changed it's IP to 10.1.0.1 (instead of 192.168.1.1), and when you view this page. I get a plaintext error page telling me the router cannot connect to the worldspot servers. I know the internet connection it has works just fine, and is in the correct port. I need to use this router for something else in just a few days, so i'm giving up on the captive portal. All I want to do is put my router back to the linksys firmware and be done with this nightmare. I really need help. I've already tried TFTP firmware upload from my mac, but it said the host wasn't findable. I don't know what to do short of buying a new router, but that's not the best option. Please help. I don't have them with me ATM, but I can get those error reports if needed. Thanks.

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
Re: Router Cannot Connect to Worldspot Servers
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 08:55:13 pm »
Hi

The router get internet from its WAN port, which must have a dhcp server.
Please show what the error page says.

Did you get unknown node checkins in the worldspot node setup page?

Looking in the logs, I see a linksys e3200v1 which connected 2-3 days ago. the mac address ends with ...39:70:03
So your router seems to be working fine, you just have to setup a worldspot firmware node with the correct mac address.

Please read the worldspot firmware documentation for the procedure.

You should be able to set the router in failsafe mode and connect to it at ip 192.168.1.1 (telnet port 21)

Offline superslimeboy

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 01:47:50 am »
Hi

The router get internet from its WAN port, which must have a dhcp server.
Please show what the error page says.

Did you get unknown node checkins in the worldspot node setup page?

Looking in the logs, I see a linksys e3200v1 which connected 2-3 days ago. the mac address ends with ...39:70:03
So your router seems to be working fine, you just have to setup a worldspot firmware node with the correct mac address.

Please read the worldspot firmware documentation for the procedure.

You should be able to set the router in failsafe mode and connect to it at ip 192.168.1.1 (telnet port 21)

So I managed to get it working, but i don't know where to find the place to change my firmware in the web menu.
I looked in the dashboard, and everything is fine but i need to rollback to the old firmware. Any suggestions?
Thanks, I only have twelve hours to do this or I'm at best buy to get a new router. Please help.

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 08:53:10 am »

anything