Author Topic: Config option to "show default landing page to return visitors"  (Read 3735 times)

Offline Fignuts

Config option to "show default landing page to return visitors"
« on: February 27, 2007, 12:16:43 am »
I just noticed that when a user reconnects to the hotspot and their MAC address is recognized, the default page they are shown is not the usual landing page, but a summary of their previously chosen connection.  I'm curious if it would be possible to add a config option to either:
  • include the list of available alternate connection policies on that page, or
  • always use the default landing page instead?
The connection policy summary page does not list all of the available connection policies.  For hotspots with a free access policy (like mine), this could result in users selecting the free policy on their first visit, then reconnecting and forgetting that there are other access plans available.  The "select another connection policy" link at the bottom is sort of hard to see, and is not very descriptive for nontechnical users.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 12:19:36 am by Fignuts »

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
Re: Config option to "show default landing page to return visitors"
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 01:07:59 am »
I understand.
Should not be too hard. This behaviour comes from another request from other users which wanted the hotspot to be as simple as possible, and make the connection possible directly after authentication.
What I will do in a first time, is not to show the previous choice when it is no more possible to connect and will always add the choices in the bottom of the page.

I don't know if an option is necessary.

Offline Fignuts

Re: Config option to "show default landing page to return visitors"
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 02:58:18 am »
Sounds good!  As long as the other choices are visible, I think it should be obvious enough.

anything