Author Topic: Improved Customer experience  (Read 5951 times)

Offline rclark

Improved Customer experience
« on: October 16, 2006, 12:35:17 pm »
The current login experience seen by a customer is too complicated.

1) User has to see 3 screens:
- Login with password
- 2nd screen where he must press Connect
- 3rd screen with ' You are Connected'.

2) Each one of these screens has far too much information on it. Customers get lost and confused. The biggest confusion is the two login buttons!

3) After user has logged in - he does not go to the page he originally requested. He must start again to surf.

Compare with the experience if the WRT is using http://radius.chillispot.org as the server.  Much cleaner. Much simpler.
- simple screens
- user ends up at the original URL he requested.
- popup stays around so he can logoff.

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
Re: Improved Customer experience
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 05:33:15 pm »
The current login experience seen by a customer is too complicated.

1) User has to see 3 screens:
- Login with password
- 2nd screen where he must press Connect
- 3rd screen with ' You are Connected'.
I can skip the second screen. But the user cannot know about its ticket state anymore.
2) Each one of these screens has far too much information on it. Customers get lost and confused. The biggest confusion is the two login buttons!
The user login will not appear and  the welcome page will be simplified when no free access is proposed
3) After user has logged in - he does not go to the page he originally requested. He must start again to surf.
Compare with the experience if the WRT is using http://radius.chillispot.org as the server.  Much cleaner. Much simpler.
- simple screens
- user ends up at the original URL he requested.
- popup stays around so he can logoff.
I will look at that. I found no way retrieving the original url. I will also make a popup. (but the popup is not compatible will mobile devices I think)

Offline rclark

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 01:45:33 am »
In chilli.conf, you can define a 'welcome' WWW page that the users sees before he sees the worldspot screens.

Q1:

Is there a way I can code up my own HTML page with a 'login/password' form, and then submit that to the uamserver?

Q2:
Better still: Can I have
 - hotspotlogin.cgi on my WRT (technically can do this if I install microperl - have done it)
 - have my 'local' hotspotlogin.cgi communicate with the worldspot uamserver?

Thanks in advance. I want to simplify/streamline the user experience.

Rob

Offline Polykrates

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 06:13:03 am »

I can skip the second screen. But the user cannot know about its ticket state anymore.
This seems to be a good idea. Why not place the ticket info together with the "disconnect" button on the top of the 3rd. screen. This is more important  for the user than the Google bar.

Regards
Pit

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 10:43:18 am »
Better still: Can I have
 - hotspotlogin.cgi on my WRT (technically can do this if I install microperl - have done it)
 - have my 'local' hotspotlogin.cgi communicate with the worldspot uamserver?
Yes this will be possible as soon as I resolve a bug on the translation system. Actualy, the system is not compatible. It will be soon. (Note that you will have your own UAM secret that will not be the one from the config page)
You won't need to connect to the worldspot welcome page anymore. Only the radius request will be made.

In the future, I will make a custom firmware that will have a local login page. This will also allow easier failover for the backup radius server.
I don't know yet if it will be openwrt or dd-wrt based.
Openwrt is easier to customize.
DD-WRT will have the dual-ssid feature which looks VERY interesting.

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 10:44:14 am »

This seems to be a good idea. Why not place the ticket info together with the "disconnect" button on the top of the 3rd. screen. This is more important  for the user than the Google bar.

Regards
Pit
ok, will do that.

anything