Author Topic: WorldSpot.net is GREAT!  (Read 140629 times)

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
Re: WorldSpot.net is GREAT!
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 09:59:20 pm »
I've had a look at their upgrade page.
There is only a single very light "upgrade" page which doesn't say much about what you will get more when you will pay the 180$, except that you just have the right to exploit your hotspot commercially.
I would never give my money expecting to use several hotspots.
I would not consider them as serious competitors.

100 users a day is a HUGE hotspot. For me an average hotspot will better be 3 to 10 users a day.

Offline BarkingDog

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 01:35:19 am »
I currently evaluating several hosted hotspot solutions. 

Each one has it's advantages and disadvantages, which I won't go into here.

As for pricing structure, they generally have either a set price/month/site or price/ticket or some sort of combination.

I have several hotspot already, using a "hotspot in box" (Zyxel G-4100) solution.  Some are profitable, and others are very quiet. 

The sort of solution I'm looking for is one where I pay per ticket, upto a monthly limit, per site.  This accommodates the low usage sites and limits expenses on the high volume sites.  Also a flat price per ticket would be advantage.  One of the above services a three day ticket is more expensive then a 1 week tick

I use pre-paid tickets, and another shortfall of the pay per ticket solution, is that I would need to supply 50-60 pre-printed tickets to a new location, which I may not see any returns for several months.  If I could pay as the ticket are used, rather than when they are generated.

This is just a couple of ideas for you.  Everyone has different needs and I don't believe there is one "perfect pricing structure", just the "perfect pricing structure" for me.

Cheers

Dog
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 12:36:30 am by WorldSpot »

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 11:09:21 am »
Each one has it's advantages and disadvantages, which I won't go into here.
It would be interresting to know...
I'd like to compare worldspot to all the comptetitors, and make it the best offer.

The sort of solution I'm looking for is one where I pay per ticket, upto a monthly limit, per site.  This accommodates the low usage sites and limits expenses on the high volume sites.  Also a flat price per ticket would be advantage.  One of the above services a three day ticket is more expensive then a 1 week tick

I use pre-paid tickets, and another shortfall of the pay per ticket solution, is that I would need to supply 50-60 pre-printed tickets to a new location, which I may not see any returns for several months.  If I could pay as the ticket are used, rather than when they are generated.
This is a good idea. I will probably do that one day.

Offline BarkingDog

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 02:14:23 pm »
"The Best", is such a difficult goal to achieve.  Everyone has different needs, and you will never have every feature that everyone wants.  I suggest you have a look around, to see what the others are doing.  Try to identify a market which isn't catered for, or services currently not provided, or make HotSpot management simpler, or provide a solution at a competitive price.

I still have develop a feature matrix to really compare each of the services.

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 02:55:19 pm »
You are right.
I already changed my original goal for online billing with revenue sharing which would better fit the non professionnal hotspot usages.
I went to the ticket system which is a very different customer base (not the easiest... ;))