Author Topic: Help! Worldspot services are intermittently working!  (Read 1519 times)

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
Re: Help! Worldspot services are intermittently working!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 06:52:00 pm »
Could you please reconnect the router so I can try?
It looks like there is a syntax error in the configuration. probably the newline at the end of the config missing...

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 01:57:12 pm »
Hi

Could you resolve your problem?
I think the problem is clearly relateed to the dns.
I've read that some people have similar problem.

It looks like you reflashed another firmware?
You should try your ISP's DNS.

Regards

Offline bluewater

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2017, 06:38:26 am »
Hi,

Sorry for the late response - I was quite busy and somehow missed the button to page 2.

Even after performing multiple resets, the WorldSpot firmware was still giving me a lot of trouble and kept pushing Chillispot Config errors (as mentioned in the previous post). In a hurry I missed your reply on the 2nd page and proceeded to seek alternative options.

Fortunately, I reverted back to DD-WRT (latest build, was initially running an older build dated from 2013 that worked for a year) and replaced Google's/OpenDNS Servers with ISP recommended and surprisingly everything is back to normal and working perfectly fine!

To be honest, though I do understand how Google's DNS yields a very long response time, I still don't understand how this issue arose after working fine for more than a year. I was using the OpenDNS servers recommended by WorldSpot all this time and for this issue to occur out of the blue got me very confused. So how can various DNS servers suddenly refuse to work with WorldSpot?

Anyhow thanks very much for your help - everything is working fine after more than a month of downtime. Let's just hope nothing does goes wrong :)