Author Topic: Weird Bandwidth Limit and Private Wifi guarded via Access Page as well  (Read 222 times)

Offline JoRo79

2 out of 3 APs work as expected.
I today installed a new AP*. All 3 are reachable...but on the third one that I installed today I have got a weird behaviour.

1) I login onto private wifi I got the same bandwidth throttle as on public (guest) network.
2) When using one of the LAN ports on the back of the router the guest login page appears and I have to confirm to be able to get internet connection. Apparently LAN Ports are used for public access then (=> Bandwith is also throttled then)

* Qualcomm Atheros QCA956X ver 1 rev 0/ TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND v4/   ar71xx/ lede-17.01-20170327-1
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:11:45 pm by JoRo79 »

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
You mean that your wifi bandwidth is low?
Bandwidth should not be throttled on private wifi. It could be wifi performance that is bad. What are routers HW and FW versions?
Maybe change radio channel?

Offline JoRo79

nope...definitely not the connection...pluggin in the wan cable directly to a client gives a solid 15mbit download

Router: TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND v4
Proc:  ar71xx - Qualcomm Atheros QCA956X ver 1 rev 0
Firmware: lede-17.01-20170327-1   

private: dl: 2,5mbit ul:9mbit
public: dl: 1mbit ul: 1mbit (throttled)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:13:25 am by JoRo79 »

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
As I said, it looks like it is because of bad wifi performance of the firmware.
The private ssid is simply bridged to the wan port

Are all your APs the same HW and FW version? Do you mean your APs don't have the same private wifi bandwidth?
You may check your antennas, revert the firmware to an official one and check the wifi bandwidth, and see if it is hardware of firmware related.

Offline JoRo79

found out what the problem was  :D

kinda tricky...the wan cable was plugged into a powerline ethernet adapter (https://www.amazon.de/TP-Link-TL-PA4010-Netzwerkadapter-energiesparend-kompatibel/dp/B00A0VBPLM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495230743&sr=8-1&keywords=tp+link+av500+nano) ...without the wifi router i got 15 mbit...as soon as i connected the router to it it decreased to 2-3mbit...but not because of fw ... the power adapter of the wifi router must have some quality issues ...it totally messed up the wan signal for the powerline ethernet adapter...

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 10:56:29 pm by JoRo79 »

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
Glad the problem was found.  :)

anything