Author Topic: How use worldspot autentication on desktop pc?  (Read 11668 times)

Offline Bhentu

How use worldspot autentication on desktop pc?
« on: March 02, 2010, 06:29:09 pm »
Hi

I am your user by a couple of years and I think your service is one of the best I've ever seen.

I use it for a network in Italy to manage multiple wifi points and now I want to use the same authentication system for desktop computer (about 40).

I would like the user insert the ticket in the login screen of Windows and your RADIUS authenticates it.

now I use a modify shell of GINA and a plugin for RADIUS authentication but do not know how to configure it to connect to your server, with worldspot parameters does not work. (see screenshot1.jpg)

can you help me to increase my and your business? :)

sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance.

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
Re: How use worldspot autentication on desktop pc?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 03:33:49 pm »
Hello

Sorry for the late response.
Worldspot radius server was tested only with chillispot.
If you want to we can setup an interactive debug session.
Please contact me by email (contact at worldspot dot net), I will give you my instant messenger address so we can debug this out.

Best regards

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
Re: How use worldspot autentication on desktop pc?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 09:48:19 am »
Note that this now works.
You can now setup windows in order to let the user enter his ticket login and password directly into windows logon page.
Ticket duration is handled, your user will be disconnected automatically when his time is over.

If you are interested in this, please contact me so I can send you the modified radius plugin.

NOTE: this is actually compatible with the per ticket pricing only.