Author Topic: Re: Routers with Worldspot firmware  (Read 4849 times)

Offline cadiz

Re: Routers with Worldspot firmware
« on: December 31, 2012, 11:45:57 pm »
I would like to have the Private Network available through the secondary SSID and on the LAN ports. However, the permute LAN WAN procedure you referred to doesn't seem to work for me - the script doesn't seem to do anything when I run it on dashboard's "Multiple shell commands" option. Could you please describe what to do in more detail. Also, I can't seem to log in to the Private Network SSID via Wi-Fi. I see the network, but when I try to connect to it it disconnects me.

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
Re: Re: Routers with Worldspot firmware
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 10:06:50 am »
Hi

Have you swapped your ports and rebooted after the procedure?
Does your public hotspot still work?
Does the dashboard still works?

Offline cadiz

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 04:42:59 pm »
If I plug in the Internet source ethernet cable into one of the LAN ports, the other 3 ports on the switch also have Internet on it, but the WAN port doesn't have access, the Wi-Fi SSIDs are visible, but have no access through them and the dashboard gives: "Authentication error : urlerror : <urlopen error (113, 'No route to host')>" for the status, when I attempt to connect. When I switch back the connections everything works as before.

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 04:48:35 pm »
Ok,  this means that the procedure hasn't worked.

Maybe you haven't noticed the last line of the procedure:
if ok, please send these commands "uci commit network" then "reboot"

The "uci commit network" command does write the configuration.
It doesn't work if you don't do it.

Offline cadiz

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 08:50:37 pm »
Ok,  this means that the procedure hasn't worked.

Maybe you haven't noticed the last line of the procedure:
if ok, please send these commands "uci commit network" then "reboot"

The "uci commit network" command does write the configuration.
It doesn't work if you don't do it.

When I run this script through the dashboard's "Multiple shell commands" interface, under "Action result" I only ever see "executing commands" and never any other output. However, when I run scripts that produce fewer lines of output, they seem to work.

UPDATE: I was able to accomplish the swap of WAN and LAN ports by issuing the following commands only in the dashboard:

lanIfName=$(uci get network.lan.ifname)
 wanIfName=$(uci get network.wan.ifname)
  uci set network.lan.ifname=$wanIfName
  uci set network.wan.ifname=$lanIfName

Of course, I also separately ran "uci show network" before and after and did "uci commit network" to seal in the deal. Unplugged the WAN cable, plugged it into the LAN port and rebooted. Also, after the ports were swapped, mysteriously, I was able to log into the private network, as well!

Now off to figure out how to ssh into this monster and to stop access to the "mother" router for public network users.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:58:30 am by cadiz »

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 12:07:28 am »
When I run this script through the dashboard's "Multiple shell commands" interface, under "Action result" I only ever see "executing commands" and never any other output. However, when I run scripts that produce fewer lines of output, they seem to work.

What is your router model? You are probably having not enough memory.
I would suggest upgrading for a tp-link wr740, very cheap but fast and with enough ram

Offline cadiz

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 01:26:25 am »

What is your router model? You are probably having not enough memory.
I would suggest upgrading for a tp-link wr740, very cheap but fast and with enough ram

I went with the TL-WR1043ND, which appeared to be a step up from their 740 model you are recommending.