Author Topic: TPLINK WR941nd  (Read 9293 times)

Offline saheed

TPLINK WR941nd
« on: February 06, 2013, 12:02:46 pm »
Hi,
First let me say I am new to networking and I am learning. I am experimenting with a hotspot and people here seems to like it (Cool Cash  ;) )
I have used TPLINK WR941nd for worldspot firmware, but after changing the parameters for my wifi ( both public and private) through the interface provided on your site, the wLan on the router goes off since then but the LAN is working.

Other Questions:
1.What is the best way to renew a ticket after expiry (I mean using the same login and password).
2.Just like in Question 1 above what if it is a MAC account. Do you have to switch the clients router off for 10mins every time you renew

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
Re: TPLINK WR941nd
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 12:27:18 pm »
Hi

Having a look at your router, it seems that the wifi password you have set is too short.
It need to be 8 char minimum. (wifi wpa rule)
I will add this check on the interface.

1.What is the best way to renew a ticket after expiry (I mean using the same login and password).
simply recreate it.

Just like in Question 1 above what if it is a MAC account. Do you have to switch the clients router off for 10mins every time you renew
I would say the same.
You would need to logout using the "http://1.1.1.1" url, then shutdown the wifi.

Offline saheed

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 07:51:29 pm »
You would need to logout using the "http://1.1.1.1" url, then shutdown the wifi.

I guess "you"  means my client would have to do this. Also for how long does the clients wifi have to be off before starting up again. What option do I have to do this remotely for them.

I'll check the password thing

Thank you

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 11:37:26 pm »
I will consider implementig a new feature, where any client entering a standard ticket code, can associate its mac address to its ticket.
But I can't tell when whis will be done.

Offline saheed

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 09:09:04 pm »
OK,

Here is another question: In the ticket listing page, why do I have "Connected"and  "Start Date" showing "?" for all tickets and "History" showing blank for all tickets. Connected is show Stop for two of my tickes?

Saheed

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 09:59:55 pm »
This is because you created multiple usage tickets. These have a very special behaviour which is described in the documentation.

Offline saheed

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 11:30:31 am »
Thank you for your responses, I really enjoy worldspot and I am happy it is being improved.

I will consider implementing a new feature, where any client entering a standard ticket code, can associate its mac address to its ticket

What would this mean and how will it solve the problem with resetting accounts (tickets) based on MAC address.

Also, I still want to be clear on this is it possible to reset an accounts (tickets) based on MAC address without physically resetting the clients router (that's the device that owns the MAC).

third question is: How can know the current usage status of a ticket/personal account before expiry of the limitations I set. Some of my client want a daily update, sometime I am outside my wifi coverage and I need to check ticket status. I am wandering if connection history can help but I just cant figure it out

Thank you.
Saheed

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 11:45:06 am »
With such feature, you wouldn't need to setup a mac address ticket anymore.
You give a standard ticket to your customer. When logging in, he would have the option for an "automatic login" which would setup a mac address ticket associated to his ticket.
When you would reset the ticket, the mac address would be reseted also.

The status is for you or your client?
the client can type http://status to get back on worldspot portal. A status should be displayed.
For you, go in the ticket list, then click history on the ticket.

Offline saheed

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 11:55:39 am »
Thanks,

But there is no history for MAC based tickets, how do I get the history

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 11:58:14 am »
You must not use multiple usage tickets to get an history.
Recreate your ticket without the multiple usage option.

Offline saheed

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 12:03:32 pm »
What is the effect of "no multiple usage" on MAC based tickets.

If I clear, i think multiple usage allows tickets to be usable on more than one device, right ?

Offline saheed

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 12:45:15 pm »
My wifi is working now thanks, it was a password problem. I am broadcasting two ssid which a cool thing for me  :)

Another question please:

1. How can I add and remove security from my public wifi (my hotspot situation is peculiar, I may need it).

2. I can I add and remove security from my private wifi

3. How can I hide the ssid for public and private

I sense this is a Coova AP question but please help me I am a newbie coming from Microsoft Development background.

Thanks

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 03:35:20 pm »
How could you use mac based ticket on multiple devices?

For a ticket, if you disable multiple usage, ticket can be used on multiple device, but not simultaneously.

Encryption on public wifi is not possible, as your clients won't be able to connect.
You shouln't remove encryption on your private wifi.

If you still want to do this, you must use openwrt uci commands in the dashboard, like:

Code: [Select]
uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].encryption=psk
uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].key=mywifiwpakey
uci commit
wifi

to hide private ssid:
Code: [Select]
uci set set wireless.@wifi-iface[1].hidden=1
uci commit
wifi

to show config:
uci show wireless