Author Topic: How to move billing subscription to new MAC address (for new router)  (Read 5530 times)

Offline electric

Hello,

I recently changed the router for my worldspot.net hotspot, and now I need to change the billing subscription for it.  I am currently subscribed to "Unlimited tickets and billing+Unbranded(16.00 credits)"...

Thanks!

Offline electric

Re: How to move billing subscription to new MAC address (for new router)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 09:45:35 pm »
(I sent you an email about this.)

I clicked the "edit" button in the subscription page, and changed the MAC address to the new one.  However, it says that the change won't take effect until the next renewal date, which is on July 11.

I would prefer not to wait until then, because I have lost the "unbranding" function and also now we're being charged for every ticket instead of "unlimited tickets"...

Can you let me know how to proceed?  Should I create a new subscription and then you can refund the balance of the old one?

Thanks.

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 11:35:22 pm »
subscription mac address changes are immediate.

Offline electric

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 04:33:59 pm »
subscription mac address changes are immediate.

Hello,

It doesn't seem to be working.  In the "Credits-->History" page, I can see I am being charged for each ticket, even though I am subscribed to unlimited tickets and billing.

Offline WorldSpot

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 09:21:19 pm »
Is the mac address in the billing section the same as in the subscription?
Note that the subscription mac address is probably different than the node mac address, because a router has multiple mac addresses.

Offline electric

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 11:44:34 pm »
Ah, maybe that was the problem.  Yes, the MAC address shown in the "Credits-->History" page was different than the IP address of the node.  I have changed the subscription MAC address now.

Thanks.